Cheerio, pip-pip, and all that rot

by Fiddledeedee on February 6, 2013

(In my head, I’m writing with a proper British accent.)

I’m afraid all of my golden writing hours are now consumed with watching Downton Abbey.  As per usual, I am a bit late to party.  I’ve been hearing all of the accolades associated with this broadcast, and my curiosity got the best of me.

Downton_Abbey

I am now quite hooked.

And so is Fiddledaddy.

In fact, just this evening, we watched the final 3 episodes of Season 1.  ALL IN A ROW.  I remarked, “Darling, it’s just like before we bore children, and spent an entire New Years Eve viewing a marathon of “Real World – Seattle”.

Yes.  It was just like that.

And now I have to avoid all social media for fear that Season 2 will be ruined for me.

Anyone else hopelessly hooked?

DeeDeeSig

1 Karen February 6, 2013 at 12:59 am

Yes. I watched all of Season 1 in an afternoon at my computer. Followed by Season 2 the next day. Positively KILLED me waiting for this season to begin.

2 Char February 6, 2013 at 5:37 am

Hook, line and sinker.

3 Heidie Ward February 6, 2013 at 7:43 am

Upstairs, downstairs….it is very much addictive….do enjoy. It stays good!

4 Lisa February 6, 2013 at 7:58 am

I love it! I found a website where we can watch ALL seasons of DA, including this season. Now it’s killing me to wait for season four, which I hear they are just starting to film now.

5 Bethany February 6, 2013 at 10:35 am

Loving it too!!

6 Teresa February 6, 2013 at 10:43 am

The best show on tv right now!!

7 Lori M. February 6, 2013 at 11:25 am

Oh yes, me too!

8 Jill February 6, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Ah, darling, you are a bit late to the party!

I’m totally hooked, as is my hubby!!

9 Shiree February 6, 2013 at 1:25 pm

I am in LURV with Downton Abbey! I watch it every Monday on pbs.org. While I fold my Mt. Everest of laundry from the previous week. It’s a good routine. Glad you’ve joined the party!

10 Lynn Maire February 6, 2013 at 1:50 pm

LOVE THIS SHOW and like you came to it late but after a weekend without hubby I was all caught up. Now the problem is that I can’ stay awake long enough to watch it Sunday so I’m alway a week behind and need to catch up sometime during the week.

11 Lurene February 6, 2013 at 3:15 pm

I just started watching a few weeks ago as well. Watched all of season one with the hubby in about a week or so. Then he went on a business trip, and I got a free week of Hulu Plus so I could watch season 2 (I left hubby in the dust!) – did that in about 3 days. I avoided all media about DA during that time so I didn’t read any spoilers! It is sooo good!

12 Greta February 9, 2013 at 9:45 am

I’m totally hooked and have been from day 1. The advantage to coming late to the party is that you didn’t have to wait a whole year for season 2 to come out and then another whole year for season 3, like I did. It was torture!