Heaven is a Wonderful Place

by FiddleDaddy on January 8, 2013

A note from Fiddledaddy:
My dear Mom of 83 years has passed away suddenly, from Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. She was hospitalized over Christmas, then just a few days ago came home to Hospice Care, where my Dad, all my brothers and sisters, in-laws and the older grandchildren kept a vigil by her side.
One of her most favorite things in this world was praying the Rosary. Sunday afternoon (the Feast of the Epiphany) a daughter-in-law began to pray those prayers aloud, others joined in, and soon all the family was gathered around her bed.
She decided that would be the perfect time to drift peacefully into the arms of Jesus.
Thank you for all your kindness to my family. We have laughed and cried and hugged each other, and felt your comfort across the miles.

God truly has a wonderful place waiting for each of us, and Mom has gone on ahead to get dinner started.

Together at Thanksgiving a few years ago

1 Connie January 8, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Oh Fiddledaddy and DeeDee, I am so sorry to hear that your mom passed away. How happy she must be tho to be in the presence of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! I will keep you and all of your families in my prayers.

2 Jill January 8, 2013 at 1:21 pm

It is very hard when your loved one is in heaven and you are not yet. :(

My family just experienced a passing of one of our own a few months back. My prayers are with you both and your whole family.

3 Becky January 8, 2013 at 1:39 pm

So sorry

4 Sandra in Phx January 8, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Oh FiddleFamily, I am sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved mother/grandmother. Praising the Lord she is with her Savior now, but praying for His comfort for those left behind.

5 Cindy in GA January 8, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I am sorry for your great loss and thankful that you all have such wonderful memories of her.

6 LoraLynn January 8, 2013 at 2:35 pm

So sad for all of you but rejoicing with you that she is with Jesus. Can’t wait for your happy reunion some sweet day. Hugs to all the Fiddles and their kin.

7 kelli @livingingrace January 8, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I have this amazing picture of your mum and my papa sitting there together, shaking their heads as they watch us.

And laughing.

Oh- the laughing!

8 AnnG January 8, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Sorry for your loss! Sending hugs and prayers for the entire family!

9 Nancy Carr January 8, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I love the way you expressed your mother’s passing and how special all of you made it for her and for yourselves. This is a beautiful memory and I know she is preparing dinner for all of you to be there someday with her. Peace

10 chocolatechic January 8, 2013 at 3:58 pm

It is bittersweet to loose someone, but knowing they are in Heaven…so very sorry for your loss.

11 Pam January 8, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Sending comfort your way, and especially to your father. This must have been very sudden for him. I know you will all take special care of him now. That is a wonderful picture of everyone together.

12 Tara January 8, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Oh, I’m so sorry. How sudden. I’m so sorry for your loss.

13 Mark January 8, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Just keep talking to her Tom, she hears you…and listen, because she’s talking right back. That’s how it’s worked out with my Mom and I, in the least expected times, places, and ways…

14 Kate January 8, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I am so sorry. Many prayers being lifted up for your family.

15 Robyn January 8, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

16 Inna January 8, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss.

17 Denise January 8, 2013 at 4:52 pm

so sorry to hear of your sorrow–very glad to hear about the love that is shared within your family.

“Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled” John 14:1
With thoughts and Prayers

18 Wendy Darling January 8, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I am sorry for your loss. Your Mom sounds like a wonderful woman, and I praise God that she is now with Him and no longer suffering. I pray for peace and comfort for your family during this time. God bless you all.

19 Jen January 8, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Oh I am so sorry to hear that, and at the same time happy for her that she is in a great place and pain free. my thoughts and prayers are with your family! :)

20 Mary January 8, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I am so sorry for you loss. Your mom sounds like a wonderful woman. I am praying peace and comfort for your family.

21 Stacey January 8, 2013 at 6:48 pm

She left an amazing legacy! What a blessing to know you will see her again. We love all of you and we are keeping you in our prayers.

22 Missy January 8, 2013 at 7:02 pm

While I am so sorry to read of your earthly loss, I love that you all are able to look forward to seeing her in the future. Prayers for comfort for all of you.

23 Lori M. January 8, 2013 at 7:06 pm

We do not grieve like those who have no hope, but we do grieve. My deepest sympathies to you and your family as you hold each other close.

24 nancy January 8, 2013 at 9:31 pm

So difficult to loose those we love so dearly, you have my deepest sympathy… She truly has gone on before you to a better place. Keep praying and trusting in God’s hand for comfort….

25 Carol January 8, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Oh gosh, I’m so sorry to hear that your mother-in-law has passed. She is now dancing on the streets that are golden in the amazing presence of Jesus. Praying for comfort for your entire family……..

26 Kathy Y January 8, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Thanks, Fiddledaddy, for sharing the sad news. Prayers are coming your way as the whole clan weeps AND rejoices.

27 Char January 9, 2013 at 2:31 am

I am so sorry to hear that.
I can’t wait for our Lord Jesus to come, so that we can all “be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words” 1 Thess 4:17-18

28 Debbie January 9, 2013 at 7:14 am

I’m so sorry for your loss. Though our grief here is tempered by knowing we’ll be reunited with loved ones in heaven, we still miss them so much. May God’s comfort and peace surround you and uphold you in the coming days.

29 Kris H. January 9, 2013 at 7:25 am

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

30 Lynn Maire January 9, 2013 at 8:36 am

I’m so sorry for your loss. Keep those memories close, pass them on to your kids, laugh often and picture her in heaven doing all the things she loved to do while here.

31 Sherri January 9, 2013 at 8:36 am

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, thought the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God. Ps. 46 PEACE BE WITH YOU.

32 Marsha January 9, 2013 at 8:59 am

Praying for God’s peace and comforting presence with you. My heart goes out to you all….

33 Jenn P. January 9, 2013 at 9:59 am

So sorry for your loss! Will be praying for you all.

34 Kay January 9, 2013 at 10:26 am

Thank you for this sweet post. I will be praying for the entire FiddleFamily.

35 Jana January 9, 2013 at 11:04 am

Thank you for posting. I’m so sorry for this sudden loss, but so grateful that you have the assurance that she is now in the presence of Jesus. May you and your family feel God’s comfort and peace during this time.
Blessings,
Jana

36 Ranelle January 9, 2013 at 11:55 am

So very sorry for you, but rejoicing for your mother.

37 JennyJoT January 9, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Saw this on FB last night. So sorry. Praying for you guys.

38 Leslie Neihouse January 9, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I am so thankful that you have such a loving and faith-filled family with which to weep and celebrate. We appreciate that you have shared the journey with us.

39 Vicki S January 9, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Praying for all of you! What a blessing it is to know where she is now.