Laughter, it is healing

by Fiddledeedee on January 4, 2013

Natalie is home now with hospice care.  Her *boyfriend of 60 years, 6 children, 6 sons & daughters in-laws, and 17 grandchildren will all surround her in the coming days and shower her with much love.  We will not take one single moment for granted.

*(This is what she calls him.  They really are married.  Pinky swear.  Fiddledaddy wanted me to clarify because his mother would be horrified if anyone thought she was living with a man for 60 years without the benefit of marriage…)

In the midst of all that has happened this week, I came across the following on my high school girlfriend’s Facebook page.  It’s a southern thing.  We’re from Texas after all.  And it made me laugh.  I needed that.  In case you do too, enjoy:

HOW TO INSTALL A SOUTHERN HOME SECURITY SYSTEM

1.  Go to Goodwill and buy a pair of size 14 – 16 men’s work boots.

2.  Place them on your front porch, along with a copy of Guns & Ammo magazine.

3.  Put four giant dog dishes next to the boots and magazines.

4.  Leave a note on your door that reads:

Bubba,

Me and Marcel, Donnie Ray and Jimmy Earl went for more ammo and beer.  Be back in an hour.

Don’t mess with the pit bulls.  They got the mailman this morning and messed him up bad.

I don’t think Killer took part, but it was hard to tell from all the blood.  Anyway, I locked all four of ‘em in the house.  Better wait outside.  Be right back.

Cooter

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend, my friends.

DeeDeeSig

1 Tara January 4, 2013 at 10:46 pm

You, too, have a wonderful and blessed weekend. We’ll all understand if you are absent from the blogosphere for a while.

2 Bethany January 4, 2013 at 10:50 pm

What a gift that y’all can surround Natalie like this. Praying for a meaningful weekend for all of you.

3 Missy January 4, 2013 at 11:17 pm

I finally had time to reread through posts and I’m sorry for the news you’ve received, DeeDee. I am however, glad to hear that Jensen’s lizard was fake and that you are finding laughter to see you through. I’ll be praying that Fiddledaddy is able to lean on you and the rest of his family, as well, in the coming times.

4 kelli @livingingrace January 4, 2013 at 11:52 pm

What Tara said. And lots and lots of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

5 Shannon January 5, 2013 at 11:24 am

Big hugs, DeeDee. I’m glad you have good friends to keep you laughing, especially in hard times.

6 nancy January 6, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Thats funny but not a bad idea, with all the nuts out there ready to clean out a good house… So glad your Natalie is home, hospice will be a blessing to all of you..

7 Lynn Marie January 7, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Treasure every moment you have together. Record every story, every laugh, every memory.