This morning I had the following exchange with the 4 year old:
“Mommy, when I was a baby, did you eat me?”
“Um, no. Why.”
“Then what was I doin’ in your tummy?”
A few weeks ago I wrote a post begging asking for your recommendations on resources that would help me formulate the right words when I have the inevitable TALK with my daughters. (And eventually the 4 year old.) And you all gave me some WONDERFUL guidance.
I have been compiling the list of recommendations. I know that there are more than a few of you who are in the same turbulent prepubescent boat that I’m in, so I wanted to post the list with accompanying links.
And then once we get through this, we can all sit down and cry together. Passing the Oreos. And perhaps a cocktail.
The Proposed List for The Talk(s)
• American Girls “The Care and Keeping of You” – I bought this book last year, and have been using it with Emme. It explains the changes that girls go through during puberty. I’m hoping they come up with a sequel for the The Changes that I’m about to endure. And we’ll call it “IS THE ROOM HOT OR AM I IN HELL?”
• Passport2Purity by Family Life Today
• Preparing for Adolescence by Dr. James C. Dobson (Focus on the Family)
• “The Chicken’s Guide To Talking Turkey With Your Kids About Sex” by Kevin Leman
• “5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter” by Vicki Courtney.
• This is a terrific eye opening article that appeared in the Dallas Morning News last year.
• The Wonderful Way Babies are Made by Larry Christenson
• God’s Design for Sex: 4 book series
Thank you again y’all for this wonderful list. And if you have any other recommendations, please leave them in the comments!
Next week let’s talk about MENOPAUSE! Now THAT’S gonna be FUN!