Thank you, thank you for all your recipes last weekend when I was in dire need of cold weather comfort food. And thank you MelissaB. for your Taco Soup recipe in the comments section. I made it this week, the kids LOVED it, and I just 5 minutes ago enjoyed the leftovers.
So, I’ll be working my way through those YUMMY recipes.
This week I received my long awaited new and improved Vita-Mix Recipe Book. And I tried one of the recipes under the “breakfast” section and couldn’t wait to share it with you all.
Dutch Apple Baby
(I did not name this)
- 2 T. Trans Fat Free Margarine
- 3 Large Apples, cored, sliced (with skin on)
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar (I used Splenda)
- 1/2 t. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 t. Nutmeg
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Low Fat Milk
- 1 T. Low Fat Sour Cream, or Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with a shot of cooking spray.
- Sauté sliced apples in butter with sugar and cinnamon until slightly soft.
- Transfer to pie plate.
- Add all pancake ingredients into the Vita-Mix container in the order listed and secure lid. ***
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until well mixed.
- Pour over apples. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with powdered sugar. (I used sugar free cool whip)
***(please note: you can absolutely use a regular blender, or hand mixer for this recipe)
After my family devoured this dish, Fiddledaddy asked me if I had taken a picture of it. Ooops. It went awfully fast. A photograph of the empty dish would not have been as effective.
So I did what any self respecting cook would do. I scanned the picture from the recipe book. Because IT REALLY DID LOOK LIKE THAT! Not even kidding. And I’m just guessing that those sticks in the middle of it are cinnamon sticks. I omitted those.
And while it made for a spectacular breakfast dish, I would totally make this for dessert. For company even. It was very simple, and extremely good.
If you have a recipe to post for Saturday Stirrings, link up with Mr. Linky below. Be sure to link with you specific blog post URL. And then in your post, link back here to Saturday Stirrings, because that’s the polite thing to do.
Have an awesome weekend!
And don’t forget, the giveaway for the DVD Guitar Class ends Saturday night!
Oh, and I’m going to leave the links open for my Twitter Party all weekend. Because THAT WAS FUN!