Whenever I feel stretched so thin that I’m see-thru, I start making lists. I had a few things I wanted to catch you all up on, so I’m accessing my bullet points. (Which is “option” 8.) Thrilled me to no end when Fiddledaddy let me in on that little technological secret.
• Well. You all have blown Gretchen away with your support, suggestions, and general bloggy encouragement in the Naming of the Blog extravaganza. She was also a little shell shocked by the photos of our 80’s hair.
I told her that the thing that has really hooked me on blogging, after these nearly 3 years, is the sense of community that bloggers have. And I am deeply blessed to have such amazing and supportive readers and commenters.
You’ve given Gretchen a lot to mull over. I’ll let you know what she decides. Or if it’s a few titles, we’ll just post a poll and let y’all decide.
In any case, thank you for making her feel so welcome to this little community!
• So I’ve been waiting patiently for all the results of the tests I’ve been taking lately. While I’ve not gotten the biopsy results, I did get the results of the blood work.
I was tested for a variety of things, but most importantly, my doctor was looking into my Thyroid and Hormones.
The conversation went like this:
Doctor’s Office: “You’re blood work came back just fine. You’re Thyroid and Hormones are normal.”
Me: “What? Have you met me? Are you sure?”
D.O.: “Yes. Normal.”
I relay the information to Fiddledaddy.
Fiddledaddy: “WHAT? You’re hormones are NORMAL? Are they SURE?”
Evidently my issues run much deeper, it would seem.
I fully expect that my biopsy will be normal as well. And my body is just getting even with me for giving birth to 3 children late in life. Like strained muscles and STRESS aren’t enough.
But, I’ll let you know.
• This is so off subject, but you know me. My television viewing has taken quite a hit lately. I haven’t watched “Survivor” in a season and a half. “DWTS” has failed to capture my attention since Marie fainted. “American Idol” isn’t even a contender for my affections.
And get this. You know how I LOVE “24” and all things Jack Bauer related? I’ve only been able to catch, gulp, something like 3 episodes this season. I will admit that on Monday night, I turned it on after vowing not to watch until I was all caught up. And let me just say, I am VERY disappointed in Tony Almeda.
The only show I haven’t missed a nanosecond of is “Lost.” Which is why I don’t sleep on Wednesday nights. OH THE ANGST. I love that show. LOVE IT.
• I know I’ve promised pictures of the new flooring and beds in the kid’s rooms. That’s on my list of things to do this weekend. Pinky swear.
• And lastly, a while back I told you I was in the midst of a curriculum change decision and was looking into Virtual Schooling. The V.S. situation in our fair state has reached critical mass because of budget cuts, so the waiting list is 4 miles long. Or something like that.
I’m leaning towards going with Lighthouse Christian Academy which uses Accelerated Christian Education materials. (Frankly, I’m can’t put my faith in our state regarding what they would chose to educate my children with.)
My friend Diana uses this curriculum, and she has perfectly lovely and intelligent children.
And now, I’m counting the minutes until the Homeschool Convention next month. You know, for educational purposes and all. Yeah, that’s it. Educational purposes.
•• UPDATED TO ADD: The biopsy results just came in and they are benign. WOOT!
Have an awesome Thursday!!!!